Dave West in Sydney is in the market for a J24 trailer. If you have one for sale please call him on 0413 051 266
Calypso, is a on minimum weight J24 kept on trailer out of water. She underwent restoration in 2019, and is set up for regatta racing with no expense spared. She would make a great first boat, to enter the fun j24 racing family of Sydney or Melbourne.
* Near NEW set of North Sails, brand new in 2019, mainsail, genoa, jib, used in a total of 12 races, in light conditions.
* Near NEW Doyle Spinnaker, brand new in 2019, used in 10 races.
* Standing Rigging 2019 – Infinity Rigging
* Running Rigging 2019 – Infinity Rigging
* Mainly new Harken Fit out in 2019
* Trailer unregistered but easily get registered.
Contact Macquart Marine on 0479152235
Bashford Built 1990 (AUS4470)
– Recently the hull has been completely refurbished (By Martyn Sly)
– Measurement Certificate 2017
– Out of Water Survey Report available if required
– Cat 7 plus
– Stored on Hardstand (No Antifoul)
– Sails : 1 x Club Set – Main, Genoa, Jib and Kite in good condition
1 x Club set – Main, Genoa, Jib
– Tohatsu 3.5hp outboard in excellent condition
– All running rigging in very good condition
– Ready to Race
– Located at Sandringham Yacht Club (with hardstand rights and trolly)
Having gotten rid of the J24 I had I have a few pieces left over which might be of use to someone?
1 pair of new winch bases, new
1 x J24 mast, not sure of age but from boat with sail # AUS102
No idea of what this stuff is worth – open to offers. Pics below, more photos/details on request.
Recently Brendan Lee discovered the joys of servicing winches, a good thing to do and I recommend it’s something all owners should do twice a year, doesn’t take a lot of time if you do it regulary. But woe betide anyone that forgets to do this at all. Winches are full of moving parts, hopefully some winch grease and some small but very important springs and palls (those are the things that make the clicking noise when you spin them)
If your winches aren’t making this important sound, or seem to have no noise at all, too much play in the drum or worse still don’t go round very well at all, then you have a problem you need to get on to – immediately.
If you don’t then you’ll have a problem like Brendan just found, some bits not going round at all, one bit stuck inside another so hard that force, freezing and heat wouldn’t budge it. Result – frustration and the need to go and buy a new one at $600+ each.
Lucky for Brendan, he has found another answer and he has had the winch fixed for just $35. Not saying that this is all you have to pay if you have a problem, but the answer for owners of Barlow Barient winches and others is a company in Sydney that we are very happy to promote, THE AUSTRALIAN YACHT WINCH CO, also known as HUTTON WINCHES I believe. Chances are this company will be able to service/fix your winch for a fraction of the cost of buying new winches.
I have bought winch bearings from them previously and they have a very quick and reliable buy and mail out service.
Their full details are:
THE AUSTRALIAN YACHT WINCH (SALES) PTY. LTD.
4 Narang Place
St Marys N.S.W. 2760 Australia
Phone: +61 2 9623 2448
Fax: +61 2 9623 2265
Arthur Crothers spotted this very good deal out of Bias Boating. You can buy them online for $99 plus freight – here’s the link
This is one of their specials so I am not sure how long this will last – be quick if you need one
Hi everyone, we have a new page on the site “Mr Fix It”. It will be a page giving tips on how to repair and maintain a J24. If you wish me to discuss any topics please ask and I will post the answers for the benefit of the whole group.